Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dreams He Sold Her - Teaser for @fandom4storms

Dreams He Sold Her
Written for the Fandom4Storms
She waited with baited breath for each postcard she would receive.  Each month it would come from a different exotic locale.  Each time she would hope that it would bring her news that he was headed back to her and to all of the dreams that he sold her.

Banner made by Beautiful Liar

Teaser:
My gaze continued to linger on the misty diffused light that the sunset was casting across my windowsill.  The poor potted plant’s leaves were creeping towards the small amount of daylight I did get in here.  And the brown spotted fern looked just as mournful as I felt.
At the time Edward was a frightening creature to me; a wild untamed being that threatened my very existence.  I’d dated a few times when I was still living in our sleepy little town of Forks, but they were guys who I grew up knowing.  There was no danger or thrill since I’d been privy to every single stupid action they ever did.  Moving to New York after college was a huge step for me and yet for as large a step as it was, I never left the comfort of my little cocoon of safety.  I took the train into the city every morning and back again when my day was done.  I shopped at the local grocery store which was only a block from my tiny apartment.  My job at a nonprofit company ensured that I would never have much disposable income, but I loved my job and so if I had to live without cable TV or eating take out more than once a month, I did just that.
No, Edward had scared the living crap out of me and with it, brought a bucket full of sunshine into my previously monotone life filled with an ever changing array of grey. 

Teaser Postcards:





No comments: