Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dreams I Sold Her - EPOV Outtake

I'm currently busy at work trying to finish up my Fandom4Texas entry
Dreams I Sold Her.

DISH - banner made by Christag_Banner

It's an EPOV Outtake of my 3-shot Dreams He Sold Her.  This too will likely be a 3-shot that similarly mimics the direction DHSH did. 

I'm having a ton of fun writing Edward as a bit of a douchey cad.

I also think I'm going to do one more outtake of this story - an alternative ending.  Don't want to spoil anyone, so that's all I'll say.  But when I originally wrote this story, the end was always going to be one of two things & I am hankering to write the alterna-version.  :-)

To thank you guys for rocking my world - here's a little sneak peek.  Please note I haven't had this beta'd yet, so don't judge.  It will all be fixed by the time the story is published in the compilation.


Dreams I Sold Her - EPOV
Teaser - part 1

Christmas, the time of good tidings and cheer, my ass.

How anyone could love the holidays was lost on me.  I only came back to New York when I had to, and unfortunately Christmas and New Year’s was mandatory in the Cullen household.  Hell, Alice closed down her office for the entire two weeks around the holidays, I think just so I wouldn’t have an excuse to stay in London.

The night after Christmas I couldn’t handle another moment of joyous noel with my overly exuberant sister and decided to grab a quick drink and if I was lucky, someone to keep my bed warm tonight.

Stopping by my favorite watering hole, I glanced around the near empty place when my eyes landed on a petite brunette.  She was milking something in a martini glass, but her eyes glanced towards the door every few seconds as if she was expecting someone.  Her hair was a dull brown; she wore little makeup, very uncharacteristic for a New Yorker out at one of the trendiest bars in the City.  Her clothes were baggy and I could tell even from my station by the door, they were anything but fashionable. 

Damn it Alice, I thought, knowing I’d never know a thing about fashion if she hadn’t forced me to join her company.  And by forced, I mean coerced by threat of telling mom and dad about what I did to, in, and around their car in the twelfth grade.  When she was just starting her line, she offered me a job as her main sales, marketing and all around business manager.  She knew nothing aside from how to make beautiful clothes, but after getting my Masters at NYU, I had bills to pay and she needed someone without an artistic mind.  A match made in heaven.

So now I spent the majority of my days searching for cheap manufacturers for her clothes and high end retailers to distribute them worldwide, leaving me little time for love.  Which after my ex Heidi destroyed my heart, I didn’t really have time or use for anyways.

Looking back at the fresh faced girl at the bar, I decided to saddle up next to her and see if she was as unassuming as she looked.

“Excuse me Miss, but is this seat taken?”
~~~~

So, what'd you think?   Leave me a comment & tell me. 
Thanks again for being such great peeps & readers.  You all make my days worthwhile.  Honest!

No comments: