Friday, September 30, 2011

A little bit of this and a little bit of that...

I just realized it's been a while since I posted anything in here.
Well there are a couple of reasons for that.


One - I've had major writers block for the last month or so, which is why Behind the Velvet Rope hasn't updated.  I wrote the entire chapter, but when I read it, and my prereader BlackJackLily read it, it sort of fell flat.  So it is in dire need of some rewrites that I just haven't felt up to doing lately. 

I did get some inspiration recently to write for the Pick your Pic Contest.  So I'm in the final rewrites for this little one-shot, and will have something new to post mid-October.

I also signed up for the Twilight 25 - which opens tomorrow.  I have to write 25 drabbles or O/S over the course of the next two months.  SO.... that will mean lots of new things from me for the next couple of months.  Hopefully I'll be forgiven when all is said and done.

I've also signed up to write an EPOV outtake from Dreams He Sold Her (see tab above to read) for the Fandom for Texas - I'm accepting votes on what my readers would like me to write about.  Voting will be open for another week or so.  Please consider contributing to this worthy cause to help the families devastated by the fires raging in Texas.

Second - I was busy working on the Emerging Swan Awards, judging the 80's Power Ballad contest, Aaaanddd... Creating a new contest called the Twilight Post Secret Challenge.  It was a busy August and early September for me. 

On that note... I did win a couple of Emerging Swan Awards.   I was so moved and honored to be named best oldie but goodie author along with Twilight Reflected in Brown Eyes winning best complete E/B and best romance.  Honestly, it really meant so much for me to win, so thanks to any and all who may have voted for me and my little story.  It's really an honor.
Here are the beautiful banners made by Christag_Banners


So... is anyone still reading?
If so - starting tomorrow the Twilight Post Secret Challenge will begin to accept entries.  I really hope to get some wonderful stories out of these prompts.  If you haven't started writing something, you have plenty of time.  Entries will be accepted from 10/1 - 11/30    Pick a Secret and get writing!!

I'm also a judge for the Totally 80's Contest - check out their blog, pick a song from the list & get writing. 
Thanks to everyone for the patience with me and my stories.

I hope to have Behind the Velvet Rope's next chapter up within a week or so. 

All the best,

No comments: