Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New O/S

So I am very very close to finally finishing my first truly angsty piece of fan fiction.  It's being written for the A Love Like Fire contest.

Now the subject matter is something very close to my heart - Infertility.  Having gone through it, I decided to take to heart that old adage - write what you know.   So this fic is my take on that struggle.  My story did not turn out the way the story's does and I take it to an extreme, not unrealistically but more extreme than I would have ever taken it in my real life.   So for anyone who may stumble across this and I'm sure I'll post it on my blog at some point - please note that if you are or have dealt with infertility no matter how severe, I've been there.   It sucks and I hope that you find my story did the topic justice.   I will put a warning at the top, just in case you are sensitive to the subject matter - but I believe that it feels true and not completely over the top.

So if you see my story while you're checking out the other stories for the contest, give mine a whirl.  I hope to have it posted by the end of the week.
Thanks!

No comments: