Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The things men will never understand

So I have to admit while my hair is pretty cool, I was a little concerned about what my hubsters was going to say in response to it, as I didn't actually tell him I was doing it.  I was surprised when it took him about five minutes before he even mentioned it.  Okay - he's color blind, so I don't usually expect much.  He asked me if I did something different.  Which I replied that I had and was rebelling against momdom.  He smiled, said "cool" and that was it.

This morning, he saw it in the bright glare of our bathroom and looked a little more concerned.  He asked what color it was.  When I replied that it was orange, he asked why would you color your hair orange?  I just replied that I felt like it.  He shrugged and said, "Ooookay" and left it at that.


Now what he fails to understand is that by funkifying my hair yesterday, when I got up this morning, I had an entirely new attitude about myself.  I felt like I HAD to dress a little nicer/funkier if you will.  I had to make more of an effort on my makeup and hair because I had to make my outfit, makeup match my hair's badassness.  So today when I came into work, it wasn't in my traditional boring easy to wear yet bland outfit with only mascara on.  Nope, I have my bitch boots on with the four inch heels, my dark wash jeans and a cool ass jacket on.  I have eyeliner and lipstick on, which I NEVER bother with because I'm generally a low maint. kinda girl.   So yeah, I am walking tall and feeling good about myself today.  Why?  Because I added a few orange streaks in my hair and flipped my normal nonchalant attitude on its ass. 

But the hubsters doesn't understand that by spending a little money I made myself feel like a million bucks. 

Does anyone out there get this feeling too?  I've wasted too much time being bland since I've had kids.  I need to remember that I'm not a traditional soccer mom.  Nope - I'm wild and out there and who the fuck cares what the other hoity-toity people around the neighborhood think?   As long as I feel good.  That is all that matters. 

Tell me about what you've done lately to make yourself feel good about yourself. 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Again, I know this was posted a while ago and who knows if you'll even know I'm commenting now, but I say good for you! And my hubs rarely ever notices I've done anything different with my hair, even if I totally change the color! And no, he's not color-blind, so no excuse, except that he's completely unobservant. I hope you keep doing funky things like that--my hair color is about the only way I ever experiment with when it comes to my looks, though it helps that I work in a hair salon, so I get it for free!